From Julia Gabriele's Meditation presented to St. Luke's Upper School Students:
Today, I want to talk to you about how a big world can sometimes be small and small world can actually be rather big.
For thirty years, yes, 30 years, I have worked here at St. Luke’s. I have celebrated triumphs, I have seen a full generation come and go, I have hugged and I have wept. I have even raised my own children here. I’ve travelled and lived abroad, but for the most part...This has been my world.
I love my life here on the Hilltop but I have wondered at times—is there something more out there? Something bigger and better? The world’s a big place. Maybe I should leave St. Luke’s and be a part of that.
Then something really interesting happened…
Watch Julia's full Meditation.
If you enjoyed this post, please read 3 Ways to Kickstart Gratitude by Head of School Mark Davis.
Leave a comment
Get our latest blog posts!
- Carrie Meatto: Spanish Teacher ( 1 )
- Chris Mantz: 5th-Grade Teacher ( 1 )
- Dan Clarke: Sports Information Specialist ( 1 )
- Daphne Teittinen-Schreck: ESS Director ( 1 )
- Dr. Jason Haynes: History Chair ( 1 )
- Dr. Stephanie Bramlett: Former Director of Inclusive Excellence ( 2 )
- Gareth Fancher: Director of Emotional Intelligence ( 1 )
- Georgia Rosenberg '19: Student ( 1 )
- Ginny Bachman: Director of Admission ( 4 )
- Hunter Martin: Summer Program Director ( 1 )
- Jim Foley: Asst. Head of School for Leadership & Innovation ( 2 )
- Jim Yavenditti: Director of Studies ( 1 )
- Julia Gabriele: Asst. Head of School for Finance & Operations ( 4 )
- Kate Parker-Burgard: Director of the Center for Leadership ( 6 )
- Liz Perry: Head of Upper School ( 6 )
- Mark Chuhta: Asst. Head of Middle School ( 1 )
- Mark Davis: Head of School ( 23 )
- Michael Mitchell: designLab Director ( 1 )
- Mike West: Athletics Director ( 1 )
- Nancy Troeger: Director of Marketing and Communications ( 5 )
- Sonia Bell: Director of College Counseling ( 1 )
- Stephen Vehslage: Associate Director of College Counseling ( 1 )
- Students: Jack Briggs '21 and Liam Patty '21 ( 1 )
- Tom Owen: English Teaching Fellow ( 1 )
- Gareth Fancher ( 1 ) [Show All]
Posts by Topic
- Innovation in Education
- private school
- Lifelong Learning
- Moral Compass
- Above and Beyond
- Moral Courage
- Parents as Partners
- Postive (Alumni) Outcomes
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Global Perspective
- Student Voices
- College Admissions
- Private School Admissions
- Spaces for Learning