With realization of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world."- DALAI LAMA
Though the Dalai Lama has not been to St. Luke’s (yet), his words capture the spirit of our community and mission. We aspire to see our children thrive, to become confident learners and good people making positive contributions to the world.
On the first day of school, students arrived to inspire us with their ideas, curiosity, and endless potential. We could barely contain our excitement, for they are why we prepared so intently.
This year, the opening of St. Luke’s Arts & Jensen Family Humanities Wings gave special meaning and anticipation to our collective excitement. After many years of planning and nearly eighteen months of construction, on September 4th teachers and students gathered in the new Alumni Plaza for a ribbon-cutting ceremony and our students’ first look at the transformation of their School.
Celebrating St. Luke's New Arts & Jensen Family Humanities Wing
The 39,000 square foot addition and renovation comprise the largest construction project in St. Luke's history. In addition to new Arts & Humanities classrooms, the new spaces include a world-class designLab, an art gallery, a two-story library and cafe and a welcoming new Admissions Suite.
Board Chair James Andersen recently commented, "This is the capstone of a nearly two-decade-long effort that has transformed St. Luke's and propelled it into the upper echelon of independent schools in this country."
St. Luke’s is a private, secular (non-religious) independent school in New Canaan, CT serving grades 5-12. St. Luke’s mission: An exceptional education that inspires a deep love of learning, a strong moral compass, the commitment to serve, and the confidence to lead.
Leave a comment
Get our latest blog posts!
- Carrie Meatto: Spanish Teacher ( 1 )
- Chris Mantz: 5th-Grade Teacher ( 1 )
- Dan Clarke: Sports Information Specialist ( 1 )
- Daphne Teittinen-Schreck: ESS Director ( 1 )
- Dr. Jason Haynes: History Chair ( 1 )
- Dr. Stephanie Bramlett: Former Director of Inclusive Excellence ( 2 )
- Gareth Fancher: Director of Emotional Intelligence ( 1 )
- Georgia Rosenberg '19: Student ( 1 )
- Ginny Bachman: Director of Admission ( 4 )
- Hunter Martin: Summer Program Director ( 1 )
- Jim Foley: Asst. Head of School for Leadership & Innovation ( 2 )
- Jim Yavenditti: Director of Studies ( 1 )
- Julia Gabriele: Asst. Head of School for Finance & Operations ( 4 )
- Kate Parker-Burgard: Director of the Center for Leadership ( 6 )
- Liz Perry: Head of Upper School ( 6 )
- Mark Chuhta: Asst. Head of Middle School ( 1 )
- Mark Davis: Head of School ( 23 )
- Michael Mitchell: designLab Director ( 1 )
- Mike West: Athletics Director ( 1 )
- Nancy Troeger: Director of Marketing and Communications ( 5 )
- Sonia Bell: Director of College Counseling ( 1 )
- Stephen Vehslage: Associate Director of College Counseling ( 1 )
- Students: Jack Briggs '21 and Liam Patty '21 ( 1 )
- Tom Owen: English Teaching Fellow ( 1 )
- Gareth Fancher ( 1 ) [Show All]
Posts by Topic
- Innovation in Education
- private school
- Lifelong Learning
- Moral Compass
- Above and Beyond
- Moral Courage
- Parents as Partners
- Postive (Alumni) Outcomes
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Global Perspective
- Student Voices
- College Admissions
- Private School Admissions
- Spaces for Learning