For high school student-athletes, an important part of the college application process is understanding how athletic recruitment works. St. Luke's Athletics is offering a College Athletic Recruiting Information Night on January 25, 2018 at 6:30pm. St. Luke's Athletic Director Mike West and College Counseling Director Sonia Bell will present perspectives on the recruiting process.
Mike West encourages St. Luke's athletes (and prospective athletes) hoping to play sports in college to attend: “While the process differs for everyone, based on talent, pursuits, and sport, there are steps and preparations, as well as a mindset that can benefit all students who have aspirations to play collegiate athletics.”
Andy Towers (Varsity Boys Head Lacrosse Coach and former Dartmouth Lacrosse Head Coach) and Caitlin Copelan (Varsity Girls Head Lacrosse Coach and former University of North Carolina player) will share their experience and knowledge of the process and answer any questions parents or players may have.
St. Luke's College Counseling Director Sonia Bell will be part of the panel. A number of other St. Luke’s Varsity coaches will also be in attendance for more informal conversations following the event which will be held in the Fireplace Commons at St. Luke's 377 North Wilton Road, New Canaan.
This event is for St. Luke's families and prospective families exploring St. Luke's.
|Sonia Bell||Caitlin Copelan||Andy Towers||Mike West|
St. Luke’s is a private, secular (non-religious) independent school in New Canaan, CT serving grades 5-12. St. Luke’s mission: An exceptional education that inspires a deep love of learning, a strong moral compass, the commitment to serve, and the confidence to lead.
Leave a comment
Get our latest blog posts!
- Carrie Meatto: Spanish Teacher ( 1 )
- Chris Mantz: 5th-Grade Teacher ( 1 )
- Dan Clarke: Sports Information Specialist ( 1 )
- Daphne Teittinen-Schreck: ESS Director ( 1 )
- Dr. Jason Haynes: History Chair ( 1 )
- Dr. Stephanie Bramlett: Director of Center for Leadership ( 3 )
- Georgia Rosenberg '19: Student ( 1 )
- Ginny Bachman: Director of Admission ( 2 )
- Hunter Martin: Summer Program Director ( 1 )
- Jim Foley: Asst. Head of School for Leadership & Innovation ( 2 )
- Jim Yavenditti: Director of Studies ( 1 )
- Julia Gabriele: Asst. Head of School for Finance & Operations ( 0 )
- Kate Parker-Burgard: Director of Character Education ( 2 )
- Liz Perry: Head of Upper School ( 4 )
- Mark Chuhta: Asst. Head of Middle School ( 1 )
- Mark Davis: Head of School ( 20 )
- Michael Mitchell: designLab Director ( 1 )
- Mike West: Athletics Director ( 1 )
- Nancy Troeger: Director of Marketing and Communications ( 5 )
- Sonia Bell: Director of College Counseling ( 1 )
- Students: Jack Briggs '21 and Liam Patty '21 ( 1 )
- Tom Owen: English Teaching Fellow ( 1 )
- Gareth Fancher ( 1 ) [Show All]
Posts by Topic
- Innovation in Education
- Lifelong Learning
- Moral Courage
- Moral Compass
- private school
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Parents as Partners
- Above and Beyond
- Global Perspective
- Postive (Alumni) Outcomes
- Student Voices
- College Admissions